The Laser Scanner is a portable non-contact measurement system which uses laser technology accurately to measure all kinds of buildings such as manufacturing plants, processing facilities, heritage sites and even structures such as bridges and other greater constructions. The system rotates 360 degrees and automatically measures everything within the line of sight from the scanners position. The stand-alone system records millions of 3D measurements in real time.
The potential for multi-use of the 3D imaging data is high and this benefit should be factored into the cost consideration. There are many case studies which indicate significant cost savings realized from properly scoped and executed 3D imaging projects.
Here is an article about the advantages of 3D-laser-scanning for the use in architecture
The use of 3D Laser scanning for documenting existing conditions is the better choice if:
- a high level of detail is required and complex geometries are found.
- areas may be inaccessible or if there is limited space as in mechanical spaces.
- you need a accurate and complete documentation of existing conditions.
- 3D visualization and spatial analysis are essential in understanding complex conditions.
- improved quality control and reduced documentation time is mandatory.
Pease get in contact with us if you have any further questions about 3D-Laserscanning. Our firm rechenbach-architecture has been existing for more than 40 years. Besides Laserscanning we offer all architectural services concerning planning and building.